Please review the following requirements and the entry process before entering your game.
- Manufacturers must submit an entry form and entry fee to American Mensa before the deadline indicated on the entry form. After the entry materials are submitted, instructions for shipping games will be provided. Games must be received by the deadline specified on the entry form — games received after this date will not be judged. Refunds of entry fees will not be given for games that are not received by the beginning of the competition, and the game may not be eligible for future competitions.
- Board games, card games and other types of table and party games for any number of players are eligible. The competition is not open to games that are incomplete or not yet in production. We cannot accommodate video, electronic or computer games, or any games that take an inordinately long time to set up and play. Average playing time should be 90 minutes or less.
- Entries must have entered U.S. national distribution between Feb. 1 of the year preceding the event and April 1 of the year in which the event is held. For games sold only through the Internet, the Chief Judge will make the final decision regarding eligibility. Please provide on your entry form at least one Web site where your game is available for sale. National distribution means the game is readily available to anyone in the United States.
- Games and similar versions of games may only be entered into one Mensa Mind Games® competition. If a game is substantially updated and revised, so that game play is essentially new, the manufacturer may submit a copy of the old and new rules; the Chief Judge will determine eligibility. Cosmetic changes do not constitute a substantial update.
- Once approved for competition, manufacturers must provide six complete copies of the game and ten extra sets of instructions. All materials for game play (batteries, cards, etc.) must be provided by the manufacturer. Manufacturers may choose to submit a seventh copy of the game that will be circulated to Mensa events after Mind Games.
- The five winners agree to use the Mensa Select Seal and/or its designation in the promotional support of their game as well as provide three additional copies of the game to American Mensa's Marketing Department for marketing purposes. More copies may be requested to create media interest and/or to respond to media inquiries.
- Manufacturers or their representatives are not permitted to be present during judging of games.
- The Chief Judge determines game eligibility and the decisions are final.
- Manufacturers of winning games will be notified no later than May 1, following the event. All manufacturers will be notified of competition results by May 15, following the event, and will receive comment cards from event with judge comments/suggestions.